Here’s a simple recipe to warm you up. It’s packed with protein and calcium.
- 1 head of Broccoli -chopped
- 2-3 cloves of Garlic – diced loosely
- 2 TBS Ghee
- 1 Onion
- 1-3 cups of vegetable stock (make it at home ahead of time by sautéing onions, celery, carrots and turnips, add water (3-6 cups) bringing water to a boil, and simmering for an hour. Refrigerate and/or freeze. Use as a base for soups like this)
- 1 cup beans (choose, black-eyed peas, white navy beans, butter beans, etc.)
- In a corning ware dish, add chopped and rinsed broccoli, garlic, 1 – 1/2 TBS ghee, and a tsp or two of filtered water.
- Put in oven or toaster oven (my preferred method) on 350˚ until roasted to desired brightness
- Meanwhile, sauté or sweat onion in 1/2-1 TBS of ghee until medium soft (smelling great)
- Add in beans and cook through till hot
- Heat up stock on stove top
- Add all ingredients to high speed blender (broccoli + garlic, Onions and beans, and stock) and blend until smooth and creamy
- While blending squeeze in 1/3 of lemon, add salt to taste.